The Model GM1-HS measures the strength and polarity of magnetic fields up to 799.99 gauss. The thin sensor is at the end of a 100 cm flexible cable. The sensor tip is also flexible and can be bent for a variety of situations. The sensor can be held against the surface of a steel part to check for residual magnetism, or it can be bent into an “L” shape to measure inside a DC Solenoid. This meter has a resolution of 0.01 gauss (1/50 of the Earth’s typical field) which is finer resolution than the Model GM1-ST. It is also used to map fields from large magnets (If fields are over 800 gauss, use the Model GM1-ST). The meter has immediate turn-on and updates 4 times a second. There is no setup required, making this the fastest gaussmeter available.
Comes with NIST traceable calibration certificate. Yearly calibration service available from AlphaLab Inc.
- High dynamic range and sensitivity: reads up to 799.99 gauss with 0.01 gauss resolution including polarity
- Instant on, updates four times a second, with no setup or initial calibration required
- Auto-Zero (subtracts the present field from subsequent readings); also a fine offset control
- Offset range is the full ± 799.99 gauss
- 1% accuracy at room temperature
- Flexible probe and battery are included
- CE Compliant
- Certificate of NIST traceability included
- Detachable Rubber Boot Included
- Makes detailed measurement of residual magnetism in metal parts.
- Use to map field near a magnet, such as the 5 gauss line around an MRI machine.
- Detect ambient field direction and strength, such as Earth Field.
SPECIFICATIONS: 1-axis DC Gaussmeter GM1-HS
|Range/Resolution:||799.99 G/0.01 G; with polarity indicator|
|Accuracy:||±1% of reading (16° to 29°C); ±2% (-4° to 65°C)|
|Offset:||Auto Zero. Also fine offset (0.01 gauss resolution)|
|Probe (non-detachable):||2.3 (thick) x 4.8 x 24 mm on 100 cm cable|
|Size:||5.2 x 3.6 x 1.6 inches; 132 x 91 x 41 mm|
|Battery:||9 volt alkaline (~ 20 hour life)/ “Low Battery” indicator|