For meters that come standard with a calibration certificate, the calibration (and any recalibration) is done according to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 using standards within dated calibration intervals. The uncertainty (inaccuracy) of the standards is equal to or less than ¼ of the inaccuracy published for each type of meter. For example, a meter with accuracy (inaccuracy) of ±2% is calibrated with a standard with in accuracy of ±0.5% or less. Standards are traceable to NIST and/or fundamental physical quantities.
We can perform calibrations at any time; each calibration includes a NIST-traceable certificate if applicable. Most calibration services can be performed within one week of receiving the meter. For meters with a detachable probe, the probe and meter should be sent together to AlphaLab. Calibration fee includes the probe and meter together. If additional probes are to be calibrated with a meter, a separate calibration is done for each additional probe. Additional fee applies. Calibration services can only be performed for meters manufactured by AlphaLab, Inc.
- Add the calibration to your cart.
- During checkout, select the shipping method you would like us to use when we ship your meter back to you after calibration is complete.
- Complete the checkout.
- Pack your meter, make sure to include any detachable probe(s) that were included with the meter.
- Ship your meter to us at this address:
3005 South 300 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84115
- One of our calibration engineers will generate a new certificate which includes the instrument’s measurement as received, as well as after calibration. As long as no repairs are needed, most of our calibrations are completed within 2 business days.
- After calibration, we will send your meter back to you, using the shipping method you selected, including the signed original calibration certificate.
- We will keep a copy of your calibration certificate on file for 7 years.