- Gaussmeter Model GM2
- Vector/Magnitude Gauss Meter Model VGM
- 3-Axis Magnetoresistive Milligauss Meter MR3
- Ultra Stable Surface DC Volt Meter USSVM2
- Air Ion Counter Model AIC2
- Data Logger USB-DL1
- Battery Impedance Meter BIM
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Tethered Recording – AlphaApp can stream data at varied intervals while connected to a PC.
- Stand Alone Recording – Data can be uploaded later using AlphaApp. Over 100,000 data points can be stored or re-written repeatedly to non-volatile memory on a meter.
- Data Plotting – Multiple-axis data can be visualized using line plots.
- Live Screen – AlphaApp can extend the screen information on the meter to a PC.
Example of live screen and data plotting operating in tandem with the Vector/Magnitude Gauss Meter Model VGM.
An FTDI driver is required to connect over the virtual com port. The driver is available for many different operating systems and can be downloaded from FTDI’s website.
|12-17-2020||AlphaApp Release Note: Error Loading Buffer|
Older Software Editions:
We are finding that in some rare instances our customers are encountering download problems with very large datasets. We are working to isolate the problem and fix it. In the meantime, we want to ensure that you can get your data downloaded so you can continue your work. The following versions of AlphaApp have shown to work, in some of these instances, to provide stable downloads where v1.0.9 has failed. If they don’t address download issues you’re having, please reach out to our tech support: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Custom Software Solutions:
The following communication protocol can be used to program your own software using a virtual com port with an FTDI driver.
Program Update Log
|1.0.2||12-9-2015||Fixed AIC2 connectivity
Updated installer FTDI driver to v2.12.10
Icons updated, “Stream Period” changed to “Recording Interval”
|1.0.3||1-18-2016||Added support for MR3
Fixed an issue causing USB-DL1 units to be saved incorrectly to CSV files
Added a warning dialog that is displayed if USB connection is lost
|1.0.4||3-10-2016||Enabled BIM data set downloading|
|1.0.5||6-3-2016||Improved Data Set download speed for AIC2|
|1.0.6||9-2-2016||Added progress bar for loading data sets from hdd
Improved loading speed for large data sets
updated packaged FTDI driver to v2.12.18
|1.0.7||11-9-2016||Added absolute time option in preferences.
Improved stability for MR3 and AIC2 downloads
|1.0.8||6-30-2017||Comm port stability improvement for Windows 10.
Added error message when loading incorrect data files.
AIC2 scale not showing correctly.