AlphaLab products are great at measuring various physical quantities (magnetism, electric field, etc.). Now they can do even more! Some of our products can be ordered with a hardware data recording option and software. These provide a complete data acquisition solution. Get data from measurement to data files on a PC with a single product.
- Gaussmeter Model GM2
- Vector/Magnitude Gauss Meter Model VGM
- 3-Axis Magnetoresistive Milligauss Meter MR3
- Ultra Stable Surface DC Volt Meter USSVM2
- Air Ion Counter Model AIC2
- Data Logger USB-DL1
- Battery Impedance Meter BIM
AlphaApp is an easy to use software application that provides data logging and data capture capabilities for AlphaLab Inc. meters that have USB capabilities. The easy to use interface gives users the ability to record, download, and stream data from meters to most computers. The data can be viewed on a computer or saved to a text file format easily read by any software with text reading capabilities (i.e., Excel, Matlab, C++, C, etc.).
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
Features (for meters with data recording option):
- Tethered Recording – AlphaApp can stream data at varied intervals while connected to a PC.
- Stand Alone Recording – Data can be uploaded later using AlphaApp. Over 100,000 data points can be stored or re-written repeatedly to non-volatile memory on a meter.
- Data Plotting – Multiple-axis data can be visualized using line plots.
- Live Screen – AlphaApp can extend the screen information on the meter to a PC.
Example of live screen and data plotting operating in tandem with the Vector/Magnitude Gauss Meter Model VGM.
An FTDI driver is required to connect over the virtual com port. The driver is available for many different operating systems and can be downloaded from FTDI’s website.
Custom Software Solutions:
The following communication protocol can be used to program your own software using a virtual com port with an FTDI driver.
Program Update Log
|1.0.2||12-9-2015||Fixed AIC2 connectivity
Updated installer FTDI driver to v2.12.10
Icons updated, “Stream Period” changed to “Recording Interval”
|1.0.3||1-18-2016||Added support for MR3
Fixed an issue causing USB-DL1 units to be saved incorrectly to CSV files
Added a warning dialog that is displayed if USB connection is lost
|1.0.4||3-10-2016||Enabled BIM data set downloading|
|1.0.5||6-3-2016||Improved Data Set download speed for AIC2|
|1.0.6||9-2-2016||Added progress bar for loading data sets from hdd
Improved loading speed for large data sets
updated packaged FTDI driver to v2.12.18
|1.0.7||11-9-2016||Added absolute time option in preferences.
Improved stability for MR3 and AIC2 downloads
|1.0.8||6-30-2017||Comm port stability improvement for Windows 10.
Added error message when loading incorrect data files.