DC Gaussmeter Model GM1-ST
Manufactured in the USA by AlphaLab, Inc.
The Gaussmeter Model GM1-ST measures the field of even the strongest magnet (to 20kG) down to fine resolution (0.1G). Features rapid turn-on and fast update. This model supersedes the MD1-ST, which had no auto-zero.
SKU: GM1ST $410
Detachable Rubber Boot: $15 Hard Carrying Case: $18 NIST Traceable Certificate: $30
The Model 1-ST measures strength and polarity of magnetic fields up to 19,999.9 gauss. The sensor can easily fit in a .060 inch (1.5 mm) gap and is at the end of a 100 cm flexible cable. The sensor end can be bent if required for a variety of situations. Place the sensor on a magnet face to measure the field. With a resolution of 0.1 gauss, it can measure any tiny variation from magnet to magnet or it can detect if a given magnet has lost even a little strength. Bend the sensor in to a “L” to measure inside a DC solenoid tube. The 5 ½ digit display requires neither auto nor manual range change, making it easier to use than older style 3 ½ or 4 ½ digit meters. Turn on the meter and immediately begin reading fields (updates 4 times per second). There is no setup required, making this the fastest, easiest gaussmeter available.
- High dynamic range 5 ½ digit display reads even the strongest magnets with .1 gauss resolution, including polarity.
- Turns on instantly, updates four times a second, no setup or initial calibration required.
- Auto-Zero (subtracts the present field from subsequent readings); also a fine offset control.
- Offset range is the full +/- 19,999.99 gauss.
- 1% accuracy at room temperature, including probe.
- Probe and battery included.
- Optional rubber boot and hard carrying case are available.
- CE Compliant.
- Measures all permanent magnets. (Maximum field of magnets is about 15,000, which occurs only with rare-earth magnets in a gap configuration.)
- High resolution of 0.1 gauss over the entire range of +19,999.9 to -19,999.9 gauss allows detection of any variation in field from a magnet.
- Measures inside DC Solenoids (probe is bent into “L” shape to measure this).
- Sufficient resolution to map fields far from magnets.
|SPECIFICATIONS: 1-axis DC Gaussmeter GM1-ST|
|Range/Resolution:||19,999.9 G/0.1 G; with polarity indicator|
|Accuracy:||+/- 1% of reading (16° to 29°C); +/- 2% (-4° to 65°C)|
|Offset:||Auto-Zero. Also fine offset (0.1 gauss resolution)|
|Probe (non-detachable):||1.5 (thick) x 4.3 x 24 mm|
|Meter Size:||5.2 x 3.6 x 1.6 inches; 132 x 91 x 41 mm|
|Battery:||9 volt alkaline (~ 40 hour life) / "Low Battery" indicator|
Recalibration service for GM1-ST: $120
SKU: GM1ST $410